Wednesday 17 August 2011

I was browsing through various 101 thing for 1001 days blogs recently, and while there is something about lists, charts and deadlines, I know myself better than that. Plus, I am not quite sure yet about how private I want to be here, on this oh-so-many-times revisited blogging project. Therefore - something less voluminous, with less structure, something general and personal, without contradicting itself too much: my take on 50 questions that will free the mind 
This will most probably not be a daily thing, mostly for times when I am inclined to go all existentialist. Random Number Generator will help me to be random about the order. Jah, a pun there!

sooo - today it's 11:

question #11 (a long one too):
You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?

First of all it is hard to imagine that people I respect and admire would come up with distasteful and unjustified criticism. Ok, climbing into the paradigm.. I would ask these people, in a most sobering way possible, why they have these opinions on the person in question. When they fail to reason the criticism, I would make a remark on how dangerous it can be to judge someone whom you don't know, not necessarily stating that the person in question is my friend. And then I would reconsider how much of my respect these people really deserve.


No comments:

Post a Comment